UltraMeal® PLUS 360° is a medical food formulated to provide specialized, multi-mechanistic nutritional support for patients with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease by supplying a combination of Acacia nilotica extract, reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA), plant sterols, and heart-healthy soy protein and isoflavones.
In individuals with metabolic syndrome and high cholesterol, the ingredients in UltraMeal PLUS 360°, along with a low-glycemic-load diet and exercise program, have been clinically shown in a preliminary study▲ to:
➤ Lower the apolipoprotein B-to-apolipoprotein A1 (apoB/apoA1) ratio
➤ Reduce total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels
➤ Increase HDL cholesterol (“good” cholesterol) levels
Each serving of UltraMeal PLUS 360° provides:
- 15 g of non-genetically engineered, identity-preserved soy protein.
- 2 g of plant sterols per serving.The National Institutes of Health recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Selective kinase response modulators (SKRMs) in the form of RIAA and Acacia nilotica extract, which have been clinically shown to improve fasting insulin and triglyceride levels.
- 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)—a body-ready, nature-identical folate—to promote healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Low-glycemic-index meal option to help support healthy insulin function and blood sugar levels.
- High quality foundation nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Proprietary formula features SKRMs—reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA) and acacia—clinically shown in a preliminary study at the Metagenics Functional Medicine Research Center® to improve fasting insulin and lipid parameters.
- Features a proprietary blend of soy protein and 2 grams of plant sterols per serving in accordance with NIH recommendations.
- Provides a heart-healthy meal option with a good source of fiber and foundation nutrition.